If you have been charged with an OVI in Ohio, you need a qualified attorney to analyze your case and prepare your defense. While many attorneys handle OVI cases, not all of these attorneys understand the technical, practical, and procedural aspects of the law. In fact, most OVI attorneys are simply looking to cut you a plea deal while spending very little time on your case.
While plea deals are appropriate in some cases, they are certainly not appropriate in all cases.
In order to determine the best strategy for your case, I go through the following process:
- I discuss the case with you either in person, on the telephone, by email, or text message…whatever is easiest for you.
- I review my comprehensive OVI questionnaire/checklist, to see what defenses may exist in your case.
- I obtain a copy of the officer’s report, along with any video available in the case.
- If there is a video of the stop, I carefully watch it to determine whether the officer correctly performed the Standardized Field Sobriety Testing within the paramaters in which he or she received training pursuant to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- If you submitted to a breathalyzer test, I will review the results of the test, along with the validity of the procedures completed prior to the test.
- Finally, we discuss a case strategy and move forward accordingly.
I am a member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys as well as the DUI Defense Lawyers Association. These memberships provide resources, information, and education that is not readily available to other attorneys.
If you are looking for an attorney who will take your OVI case seriously, please contact me.
Call or text: 567.203.8237