If you have been charged with an OVI in Ohio, you need a qualified attorney to analyze your case and prepare your defense. While many attorneys are willing to take OVI cases, often at below-average fees, few of these attorneys understand the technical, practical, and procedural aspects of the law. In fact, most OVI attorneys are simply looking to cut you a plea deal while spending very little time on your case.
While plea deals are appropriate in some cases, they are certainly not appropriate in all cases.
In order to determine the best strategy for your case, I go through the following process:
- I discuss the case with you either in person, on the telephone, by email, or text message…whatever is easiest for you.
- I ask you to review my comprehensive OVI questionnaire, which contains more than 100 questions. Most of these questions will not apply to your case, but your answer to one single question could make a difference in your case.
- I obtain a copy of the officer’s report, along with any video available in the case.
- If there is a video of the stop, I carefully watch it to determine whether the officer correctly performed the Standardized Field Sobriety Testing within the paramaters in which he or she received training pursuant to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- If you submitted to a breathalyzer test, I will review the results of the test, along with the validity of the procedures completed prior to the test.
- Finally, we discuss a case strategy and move forward accordingly.
I am a member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys. This membership provides resources, information, and education that is not readily available to other attorneys.
Will you be able to find an OVI attorney who will take your case at a cheaper rate? Yes.
Will you be able to find an OVI attorney who will bring more diligence and knowledge to your case? I don’t believe you will.
If you are looking for an attorney who will take your OVI case seriously, please contact me.
Call or text: 567.203.8237